Welcome to Mandalay Technological University Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Mandalay Technological University Forum

ဴမန္မာအင္ဂဵင္နီယာမဵားဖိုရမ္

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hardware Oriented C Programming

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
kyawmyo
Admin
Admin
kyawmyo

Male
Number of posts : 66
Batch if MIT (if not simply fill YIT) : 7th
Registration date : 2006-10-22

Hardware Oriented C Programming Empty
PostSubject: Hardware Oriented C Programming   Hardware Oriented C Programming Icon_minitimeFri Oct 27, 2006 4:29 pm

Hello,
Anyone got HOC related reference?
Thanks
Back to top Go down
ZawMinHt
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Hardware Oriented C Programming   Hardware Oriented C Programming Icon_minitimeFri Oct 27, 2006 5:12 pm

kyawmyo wrote:
Hello,
Anyone got HOC related reference?
Thanks

The term HOC was created and taught as a course at MicroTech computer centre in Mandalay. I think that word HOC spreaded throughout the CS and CT students of mandalay Computer university. MicroTech is no longer there and HOC disappeared. The modules was intended for programmers to get access to hardware parts of a PC system such as ,programmable timers, interrupt controlleres, generic IO ports , serial modules, real time clock NVRAM and CMOS areas.

If your aim was to program microcontrollers , there are a lot of books out there about C/C++. These are in fact HOCs.

But , if you are a Software programmer and just want a taste of Hardware control via C programs, you are well suited to such a course taught at MicroTech ( which is sadly not there today ) Sad
Back to top Go down
kyawmyo
Admin
Admin
kyawmyo

Male

PostSubject: Re: Hardware Oriented C Programming   Hardware Oriented C Programming Icon_minitimeFri Oct 27, 2006 5:54 pm

You are right bro. I had some note from your training.. Connection Computer. We made our final year project, CCTV camera Movememnt Control, that controls motion of CCTV camera from computer. We developed that control program by C programming from the note I have. I really miss that references. How can I get complete notes.
Thanks
Back to top Go down
ZawMinHt
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Hardware Oriented C Programming   Hardware Oriented C Programming Icon_minitimeSat Oct 28, 2006 2:28 pm

Clearly, you can get better documentations and references nowadays. U are on the net and u can do any thing ( I mean ...)

Logically HOC can be devided into two parts.

1. C programming language , dedicated to hardware access

2. Hardware components management

For the first part, the only thing that makes 'C' dedicated to HOC is the pointer. Many other high level languages does not have the idea of pointer and they do not allow direct access to memory places. But C rather did. So if you know about pointers , you have done 50%.

The second part is quite diverse and very specific. I mean it depends on the hardware type you want to deal with. Various hardwares have totally different architectures and ways of access. Let's say, you want to access a serial module. You need to deal with registers dedicated to serial module. They will be different from CAN bus modue. So are they from I2C module.

As a suggestion, any assembly language will help you understand HOC easily. By saying that, you can pick up from one of the followings:
x86 assembly (probably real mode) ,
68HC , 68K (motorola/freescale mid/highend series)
PIC
Atmel AVR series
Hitachi Renasis

It will leverage your HOC skills (I believe)

........ Smile
Back to top Go down
kyawmyo
Admin
Admin
kyawmyo

Male

PostSubject: Re: Hardware Oriented C Programming   Hardware Oriented C Programming Icon_minitimeSat Oct 28, 2006 2:50 pm

Thank a lot brother, I will try what you siad.
Back to top Go down
minzarni
LEVEL '1'
LEVEL '1'

Male
Number of posts : 42

PostSubject: zarni   Hardware Oriented C Programming Icon_minitimeSat Oct 28, 2006 7:12 pm

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

My Teacher and My Friend,

Now u know each other ....
Ask my teacher .. he knows everything .. heehee

Byoeee...Sayar...
I am writhing a website now .. almost complete ..
myanmarphotoshop.cabspace.com
Give me some advices ..
Glad i saw u here ...
Back to top Go down
http://myanmarphotoshop.cabspace.com
ZawMinHt
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Hardware Oriented C Programming   Hardware Oriented C Programming Icon_minitimeSun Oct 29, 2006 3:16 am

Cheers Min Zar Ni Aung,

Very glad to meet u here on the form . How is every thing ? Where are u now ? Are u doing IT now ?

minzarni wrote:
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

My Teacher and My Friend,

Now u know each other ....
Ask my teacher .. he knows everything .. heehee

Byoeee...Sayar...
I am writhing a website now .. almost complete ..
myanmarphotoshop.cabspace.com
Give me some advices ..
Glad i saw u here ...
Back to top Go down
minzarni
LEVEL '1'
LEVEL '1'

Male
Number of posts : 42

PostSubject: Re: Hardware Oriented C Programming   Hardware Oriented C Programming Icon_minitimeMon Oct 30, 2006 1:05 am

tongue

i'm married now .. i'm in mandalay .. my wife is in singapore studying ACCA final core papers .. i got kicked out from my job in singapore .. hee hee .. i will go to singapore to visit to my wife next month .. very sure i want to be in IT business .. so i'm trying my best to do that .. Very Happy .. as u know, difficult to earn with IT business .. so i might have give up my work some day Very Happy .. do u have any children now?
santa
best wishes ..
Back to top Go down
http://myanmarphotoshop.cabspace.com
ZawMinHt
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Hardware Oriented C Programming   Hardware Oriented C Programming Icon_minitimeThu Nov 02, 2006 6:01 am

minzarni wrote:
tongue

i'm married now .. i'm in mandalay .. my wife is in singapore studying ACCA final core papers .. i got kicked out from my job in singapore .. hee hee .. i will go to singapore to visit to my wife next month .. very sure i want to be in IT business .. so i'm trying my best to do that .. Very Happy .. as u know, difficult to earn with IT business .. so i might have give up my work some day Very Happy .. do u have any children now?
santa
best wishes ..

Have a look at the fourth batch , photo album topic.
Back to top Go down
bobowaimg
LEVEL '5'
LEVEL '5'
bobowaimg

Male
Number of posts : 209
Batch if MIT (if not simply fill YIT) : last
Registration date : 2006-10-24

PostSubject: Re: Hardware Oriented C Programming   Hardware Oriented C Programming Icon_minitimeSun Nov 05, 2006 8:44 pm

hi if u are quite interested in embedded programming with C then i have two course notes for them... it is quite good, comprehensive and worth over 3000US$.. i mean i've got this from one of my counterparts who went for this training in one of the American universities....pls skype or gtalk me....
Back to top Go down
http://bobowaimg.blogspot.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hardware Oriented C Programming   Hardware Oriented C Programming Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hardware Oriented C Programming
Page 1 of 1